Over 2 million live websites are using WooCommerce for their ecommerce platform. Should yours be one of them?
WooCommerce extensions on WordPress websites now power 30% of online stores, and it is the most popular online shopping extension for WordPress websites hands-down, holding a whopping 94.3% of the market share of WordPress ecommerce plugins. Yes, you read that stat correctly.
When it comes to building an online store, you have countless options, from Etsy to Wix to Magento and beyond, but we like to break this decision down simply with one question: what is the core of your business?
- If you are a retailer and online shopping is your powerhouse, the robust versatility of Magento can give you every option you could want.
- If you are a retailer with both a physical and an online presence and it is essential that your point-of-sale system is linked between your brick-and-mortar store and your website, Lightspeed is a powerful choice that will keep you organized.
- However, if your business is significantly more than your store, if you are a retailer with a smaller number of products, or if you are new to the online shopping world, the WooCommerce plugin on your WordPress website might be the ideal solution.
If your existing website was built in WordPress (which over 60% of CMS websites are), you can even build your store on top of your existing website, and integrate it into the established design.
Features of WooCommerce via WordPress:
- Sell physical or digital products.
- Enable free shipping, flat rate shipping, or real-time calculations.
- Accept major credit cards, PayPal, bank transfers, and cash on delivery.
- Utilize any of the more than 140 region-specific gateways that integrate with WooCommerce, including popular choices like Stripe, Authorize.Net, and Amazon Payments.
- Optimize (if you choose) with Premium extensions that allow for bookings, membership discounts, recurring subscriptions, and many more ecommerce benefits.
- Know your data and everything about your store belongs to you and cannot be removed or taken away.
One of the best advantages of WooCommerce, of course, is its price-point. Building your own customizable online store can bring a hefty price-tag, but WooCommerce allows for a more economical choice that is easy-to-maintain, sleekly designed, and secure.
If you have questions about ecommerce, Midlothian Web Solutions is here to help. Let us know what you’re thinking, and we’ll get right back to you. Contact us today.
Enjoy articles like this? Sign up for the Midlothian Web Solutions quarterly email newsletter to make sure your business stays ahead!