An eCommerce revolution is well underway. For retailers today, online sales is not just an option. It’s the driving force in a changing commerce landscape. No matter the sector – fashion, home goods, food, entertainment, health & beauty or otherwise – businesses need to remain savvy to keep online shopping carts moving through their virtual stores.
The Magento eCommerce platform is at the forefront of B2B and B2C online sales channel technology, utilized by over 110,000 merchants across the world. These include companies such as Office Max, Nestle, Oneida, Lenovo, Ten Thousand Villages, Vizio, Mikimoto, Maui Jim, The North Face and Behr. Based in a PHP backend, Magento “is a feature-rich, open-source, enterprise-class platform that offers merchants a high degree of flexibility and control over the user experience, catalog, content and functionality of their online store.” In the simplest of terms, it is a platform designed to simplify, intensify and facilitate eCommerce possibilities.
Why do we recommend Magento to our clients? Here are our top 5 reasons:
- Fully Customizable: You want it, Magento can do it. Whether you want to fully engage your customers with product comparisons, ratings, reviews and wish lists; activate varied user access levels for account management; allow customers to make purchases with multiple currencies; or offer customer-assisted shopping for extra support, this is the platform that can effortlessly manage it.
- Versatility: Powerful and robust, this is a platform versatile enough for small businesses as well as international corporations. From the community edition to more advanced packages, Magento has the tools businesses of any size need.
- Security: Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance – combined with the right hosting company – allows customers to feel safe and secure with their transactions. Plus, Magento was purchased by PayPal in 2011, which only strengthened its dependable backbone.
- Unlimited Product Information: Slow adapters to online shopping once argued that seeing products in person allowed for a more reliable shopping experience. With Magento, detailed product descriptions and options are easy to create, manage, bundle, sort and browse.
- Built in SEO: Search engine optimization is essential to connecting potential customers to products or services. Pre-installed controls for URLs and metadata in Magento make SEO a breeze.
If you have any Magento questions, contact us today. We’re happy to be your resource and your guide.
Enjoy articles like this? Sign up for the Midlothian Web Solutions quarterly email newsletter to make sure your business stays ahead!